11 February 2012

Todays Adventure (with a treble stitch challenge update)

Hiya


Hope you're all ok this evening?? The snow is still gracing us with its presence. A little more floated down mid week but the majority of it has now turned to ice. Yuk! 


The Corn Exchange- Leeds, UK




Thankfully it didn't stop All4meggymoo and myself heading over to Leeds today to a craft fair at The Corn Exchange pictured above. As you can see, no snow!! It baffles me every time, how the snow can touch some areas of the UK and not others. Do get me wrong, Yorkshire did get some but compared to where we live you wouldn't think it had visited. 






For those of you lovely people reading this that are unfamiliar with the  Leeds Corn Exchange, it is one of Britain’s finest Victorian buildings which once operated traditionally trading in corn. Although it doesn't trade in grain anymore, it is now just one of three Corn Exchanges here in the UK which are still open as trading centres

A Grade 1 listed structure, designed by Cuthbert Brodrick which was completed in 1864, the Leeds Corn Exchange holds a great deal of  significance both as an architectural masterpiece and cultural icon which sits at the heart of the local community. It's well worth a visit if you are ever in the area to appreciate just how magnificent this building is.

So today it held the ReetSweet Craft Fair. Please follow the link to find an array of delectable delights or check out my board on Pinterest dedicated to these very talented designer/makers.






Roll up! Roll up! Update date alert...Roll up! Roll up! Update date alert...

Day 11  of the  'Treble Stitch Challenge'


I'm so happy to bring you this update, I have been practising so hard everyday that I have run out of yarn, doh!  How therapeutic is this craft??  How do you think I'm doing so far?

As I ran out of wool, tempted as I was to pull this down and start again to carry on practising, I remembered I had some spare balls and tried to create another square from scratch. 

Hmmmm! Here's how I got on..




I thought I would try something different to just using the same coloured wool as I got a bit bored of seeing the one colour creation emerge, so I decided to take it upon myself and prove to myself, that I can start with the slip stitch, make a chain and work the treble stitch into it  and produce... well, unfortunately this (above), my chain stitch was too tight and I have gone off on a tangent. Haha! I have however, I think, understood how to crochet colours together. 

While out and about today, I purchased some more balls of wool to continue practising for my challenge so watch this space for further updates : ).

Well, it's been a long day, so I think I'm going to hit the hay.

Sweet dreams xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just wanted to say a 'BIG' thank you for taking the time out to leave your comments. Forgive me for not responding straight away but rest assure I WILL asap as I really appreciate your thoughts. Much love and thanks in advance Rubie Magpie xx