01 July 2012

Time Flies When Your Having Fun...

...Oh My! How it does indeed!


I'm sitting here wondering where to start. I have so much to fill you in on our shenanigans of the last six weeks. It has been none stop and a celebration around every corner.


I thought, being as it's the start of a brand new month, and I have some free time on my hands (that has been a rarity lately) I would fill you in with pictures rather than bore you with words, that will come at a later date, haha!


Here's why I have been so absent recently................


We took a family holiday to the very beautiful Southern tip of the UK... I fell in L- O - V - E!!



What an inspirational place! I have never been before and now I can not wait to return. For anyone looking to holiday in the UK, here is a place most definitely worth your time to visit. 



I have a lot to fill you in on my finds but for now, here we are in crystal clear waters.




On our return, Mr Magpie celebrated a birthday, as did I. 



Totally spoilt with many wonderful books and crafty things (thank you so much!!) but my favourite present has to be from Mr Magpie and the Mini One. Mr Magpie has paid for me to attend a screen printing course, (something I have always wanted to try and not had the chance to do until now) at the West Yorkshire Print Workshop in September. A whole weekend of arting about fun!! 


OMG!! I can not wait and what makes it even more appealing is that the fabulous Clare Caulfield is introducing us to this fantastic medium, as she will be taking our course!! I feel such a lucky lady right now, I could burst!!




Next, Mini Magpie turned two on the 23rd of June...


...together with 3 of her little friends, Abbie, Oliver and Oscar (who all turned two with in days of one another)...


...so we mummies decided to throw one big '2 Year Olds' party instead of us all having to visit four separate ones. I offered to create the invites for us all.

We decided that the girlies would have princess fairies...


and the boys would have pirates...


Here's how they turned out...





What fun we all had!! 


Deciding to hire one big room that came with an enormous bouncy castle and huge soft play shapes was a fantastic idea. Then a good old game of Pass the Parcel, followed by lunch and they more play. The best bit for us though, was 'yeah their smiley faces', but most of all no clearing up to do!!


 The four of us 'mummies' met at our local children's centre when the children were a few months old. Since then, we meet once or twice a week and we chat while the 'kidney beans' play to their little hearts are content. Well, until it's feeding time anyways.

What's next, ah! yes the 'Olympic Torch' has been through our area. I spotted this little bus on the M62 earlier last week...


and later that week, this special mention goes out here to our friend Anita, who had the great honour of bearing the torch near where we live. Congratulations!!! How exciting?? One to tell the gran kids!! History in the making! 



Through all of these celebrations, Sara over at Bichinhos na Cabeça awarded me with 

The 




both of which I gratefully accept, thank you Sara and over this week (my next post) will pass them on to share the joy. In the mean time, please pop over to see Sara and see her crafty magic. Say Hi, your won't be disappointed. She has a fabulous blog, to which I am not surprised in the least that she was awarded these two awards, totally well deserved and a very lovely lady as well.


And last, for tonight anyway and by no means least. Looksey here what has come to live at my house!! The very lovely ladies over at Busy Little Sweet Peas made me my very own apple door stop as a thank you, totally no need as it was my pleasure in the first place but I'm absolutely over the moon with it, so thank you sooooo much!!! Please follow the link and pay them a visit.

Well, I won't keep you any longer, but does anyone know where June went??

Sweet dreams

xx

8 comments:

  1. Hi Rubie! I don't even know where to start! when I saw that you finally made a post I couldn't wait to hear from you! I am so glad to hear about your vacations, you see, I have only been to England once and for a short period of time I had no idea the beaches in the south were that awesome!

    How is the jar project going? :D


    And the invitations are so beautiful, I am still amazed you draw them! You are really talented in all crafts!

    Have a fantastic week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sara, Hope you're ok! I had heard a lot of fantastic things about the south of England (I live above the midlands here in the UK) but seeing is definitely believing. Utterly breath taking!! If you get chance to visit the UK again, I hope you can witness the delight for yourself. I'm planning a post all about our holiday and the places we visited so please stay tuned.

      The Jar of Love is filling up nicely, I am hoping I can fit all I really want to get in in, if you know what I mean and thank you so much for your kind words about the invitations, your comments made my day.
      Take Care RMxx

      Delete
  2. Happy birthday to you all! Gorgeous images! I'd love to visit Cornwall, my folks go quite a lot and LoVe it!
    Victoria xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your birthday wishes Victoria, I hope you get to visit Cornwall soon, it was our first time and we loved every minute of it RMxx

      Delete
  3. Yay for Cornwall! I think I recognise that beach...we've been going down to West Penwith every year for about 12 years, we love it SO much! So glad you enjoyed it, even looks like you got some sunshine!

    Love your birthday presents (are you and Mr Magpie both Geminis? me and Mr Rainbow are!), especially the screen printing course, that is going to be amazing. Am starting to collect things for our jar swap, but got a busy couple of weeks coming up so expect it sometime towards the end of the month, before we go to Cornwall on the 28th - can't wait! Lovely to see what you've been up to. xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Rachel, We stayed in Perranporth, superb!! So peaceful. I'm pining to return, if/when you have a mo, would love some recommendations of places to visit for when we return to Cornwall please?? I bet you can't wait to go, you lucky lady!!

      Yes, both me and Mr M are gemini's, he's the 1st of June and i'm the 15th. The mini one would have been as she was due on the 18th but couldn't be bothered to make an appearance until the 23rd. Six personalities under one roof, boy!! that would have been eventful.

      I'm busy collecting too, I'll make sure I get your jar before you go away so it's not left anywhere.

      Take care RM xxx

      Delete
  4. wow you have been a busy gal!
    Love the invitations and your fabulous birthday pile of books.
    Cornwall is so beautiful isn't it? I spent many a summer in Pentewan.
    Sx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Sophie, Just wanted to say thank you for your kind words and I totally agree, Cornwall is my new heaven, I can not wait to return. Hope you're ok! RMxx

      Delete

Just wanted to say a 'BIG' thank you for taking the time out to leave your comments. Forgive me for not responding straight away but rest assure I WILL asap as I really appreciate your thoughts. Much love and thanks in advance Rubie Magpie xx