09 May 2012

About the "BIRDS and the BEES"...

I have been meaning to blog about my latest adventure over to Leeds a couple of weekends ago since I went. I feel ashamed that I have kept this from you but my friend Herman ( after taking the majority into share with work friends, the last piece of Herman left the building tonight after my tea, yumee! ) and motherly responsibilities have just made time fly away. 


Luckily for you guys though this very delightful exhibition of 'The Birds and the Bees' at Leeds Craft Centre & Design Gallery, just under the City's art gallery is still running, you haven't missed out as it will be until the 30th of June 2012. It's so worth a visit if you get chance.






If you have forgiven me for keeping this little gem to myself for longer than I should have, it cheered my friend D and I up on a very rainy Saturday as we found some very, very nice artists, designers and crafters there too. Follow the links to their sites. Enjoy!!


First up and to name but a few... Lucy Anne Harding, Becky Crow,       
Deborah Miles, Liz Toole, Jane Muir, Suet Yi Yip, Bree Harrison, Bev Milward, Jane Ormes, Ann d'Arcy Hughes, Jo Barry, Shirley Vauvelle... 


and last, but by no means least, this little pretty caught roving my 'Magpie Eye'- It's by Fiona Cameron and it has made its way home with me.






Unfortunately, I haven't been able to find out if she has a website to add here, just a Folksy page. If anyone happens to know if Fiona has a website or blog, I would love to add it but in the mean time I will sit and swoon over my new birdie addition.


Hope you get chance to go! 


xx

1 comment:

  1. I love to go out and see some good exhibitions, it is a petty this one is so far away! I am glad you had such a lovely time!

    ReplyDelete

Just wanted to say a 'BIG' thank you for taking the time out to leave your comments. Forgive me for not responding straight away but rest assure I WILL asap as I really appreciate your thoughts. Much love and thanks in advance Rubie Magpie xx